Monday, July 21, 2008
Melbourne Day 1
Hellos from Melbourne. It's a freezing 10 degrees here! I went to school this morning by foot. I walked about 1.5km at least. I fought the rain today but lost the battle. My umbrella went FLOPPED. It was easier to walk with the rain drops falling on my head. Melbourne's great but I feel vertically challenged here as everyone here is sooooo tall. I'm like a primary school kid going to university. Well, met some great friends today. There's Elaine form Indonesia, Chalene and Ophire from Malaysia ,Ana from Mauritius and Justin from Singapore. For the Bachelor of science, there are hardly any Asian students unlike Commerce whereby half of the International students belong there. The University is FAR BIGGER than NUS. I'm glad that my sense of direction is quite good so I managed to find my way firstly from west Melbourne to North Melbourne and then around the campus. The lectureres here are really open and approachable. They say that there is no stupid question and the culture in Melbourne uni is 'ASK ANY QUESTION!' The system here is unlike Singpore where only specific questions are answered. Just want to everyone for those well wishes went they sent me off on Saturday. Missing all of your! =p
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment